The 2017 International Teddy Bear Artists' Awards
The Only competition judged ENTIRELY in the fur, worldwide
1) Interpretation of “The Arnolfini Marriage” by Jan van Eyck, a Flemish artist of the Northern Renaissance school – the Arnolfinis must be represented as teddy bears and measure no more than 16” (40cm) in height. Dressed. The terrier must be made to scale. Accessories will be needed to complete the tableau.
2) Two teddy bears approx. 8” to 12” (20cm to 30cm) in height representing Queen Victoria and John Brown – dressed and accessorized
3) A set - Three Blind Mice from the nursery rhyme, thus:
“Three blind mice. Three blind mice.
See how they run. See how they run.
They all ran after the farmer's wife,
Who cut off their tails with a carving knife,
Did you ever see such a sight in your life,
As three blind mice?”
– dressed and accessorized
4) Miniature Teddy Bear up to 6” (15cm) in height – dressed and accessorized
5) Novice Class – Traditional Teddy Bear measuring up to 12” (30cm) in height – without dress and accessories (for entrants who have never won an award in a teddy bear competition)
6) Mahout (teddy bear) up to 8” (20cm) in height, guiding an elephant up to 12” (30cm) to top of head – accessories must be incorporated
7) 1940’s style teddy bear, any size, but not greater than 18” (45cm) in height, made from materials available at that time – leave final back seam closure open
8) Realistic Cat nose to base of tail 10 – 12” (25cm-30cm) (excluding tail)
9) A painting not larger than 8” x 10” (20cmx25cm) in any medium featuring a teddy bear/s
Any Age & Ability
Link to the ITBAA Rules:- http://www.brewinsbruins.co.uk/index.php/component/content/article/95-the-national-international-teddy-bear-awards-ntbaa/itbaa-2017-the-international-teddy-bear-artists-awards/285-itbaa-2017-rules-dev
Link to the ITBAA Competition Entry Form:- http://www.brewinsbruins.co.uk/index.php/component/content/article/95-the-national-international-teddy-bear-awards-ntbaa/itbaa-2017-the-international-teddy-bear-artists-awards/287-itbaa-entry-form